Friday, October 22, 2010

New York Comic Con 2010 - Day 3

On Sunday, our booth was swarming with customers who liked what they had heard the previous evening. Sunday was by far my best sales day, and I also received numerous compliments on the way I handled my hosting duties.

I even conducted two interviews: a print interview for Cue Pittsburgh magazine and a video interview for AOL, which is now posted on their Queer Sighted blog.

Sunday evening we met my old friend and former co-worker Julia and her husband Stephen for dinner, followed by a performance of “Million Dollar Quartet,” which co-stars my friend Levi Kreis, who won the Tony Award for Best Supporting Actor in a Musical for his role. This show is inspired by the true story of the time Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Carl Perkins met for a jam session at Sun Records. Levi steals the show as Jerry Lee Lewis. We even got to go backstage after the show to meet with Levi. Julia and Steven were starstruck when they met him in person, and he couldn’t have been sweeter to them. It was a wonderful way to end our trip to New York.

On the flight back, inspired to finish writing “Jayson Goes to Hollywood,” I knocked out two more chapters – just four more to go! As usual, my characters surprised me in ways that I hope you find entertaining when the book is published next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment